The Metabolic Laboratory of Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital is dedicated to diagnosis and research on Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEM). We have developed new assays to study metabolic pathways and quantify molecules in body fluids using HPLC-MSMS.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced researcher to apply untargeted metabolomics to IEM.
The objective is the discovery of biosignatures and biochemical pathways to study the pathophysiological status and response to therapies in Inborn Errors of Metabolism using high resolution mass spectrometry.
We would like to invite applications at the Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital for one position as Postdoctoral Fellow under the responsibility of Dr. Carlo Dionisi Vici. Applicants should preferably have a professional registration.
- PhD degree in chemistry / biochemistry / physics / bioinformatics or in cell biology
- Previous experience in Mass spectrometry, in multivariate Omics data analysis and biological interpretation
- Ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complex research tasks, and also to be part of a research team
- Integration of large datasets with other OMICS data as rich source for modelling of metabolic processes
- Knowledge of the statistics framework R, Java or C++ is desirable.
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure for the desired project
- A wide range of activities in skill enhancement and further qualification.
How to Apply
To apply to this position, send a concise statement of experience, curriculum vitae, research ID/ORCID, referees, and contact information to email@example.com, quoting the code OPBG2021/02.
Selection of applications will begin on March 2021 and will continue for six weeks starting from publication date or further until eligible applicants will be selected.
Please contact the Scientific Directorate (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further information.
Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital is one of the largest pediatrics health care complexes in Europe and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening in 1869. Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Italy, nationally and internationally.